Tim Cadman, General Manager at the Copthorne Hotel, Sheffield UK, has spent 32 years working in the hospitality sector. From exhibitions and award ceremonies, to conferences and sports events Tim has worked on them all. Here, Tim lists five reasons hotels are the perfect choice of venue for corporate events.
When organising a corporate event, you are confronted by many decisions. However, choosing a venue is the one decision that will have the largest impact on your event. Critical planning information, such as the date for the event, is dependent on the venue you select.
Understandably, making this choice can be a bit intimidating as it can be hard to know what to look for when selecting a venue. If you get the venue right your event can be an amazing business and public relations success, however if your venue doesn’t hit the mark – it will be an event to remember for all the wrong reasons.
- Hotels are simply a one stop shop for all your event requirements. Quality hotels offer accommodation, modern conferencing and meeting facilities including wifi, transport advice, team building opportunities, event size flexibility and food and beverage options. At our hotel we work with our head chef to create bespoke event menu choices. To have all these facilities under one roof makes a hotel an obvious choice when looking for a venue for a corporate event.
- A convenient location means different things for different events. As a general rule, hotels have great transport links and are conveniently located close to airports and have excellent road and rail links. If many attendees will be travelling to the event this makes a hotel perfectly placed as a hosting venue.
- Hotels have insightful and in-depth knowledge of the local area in which they are located. This can be useful if you are planning any offsite activities – which can give an event that wow factor. Hotels will have developed great working relationships with other venues, key attractions, sporting facilities and activity centres – all of which your event could benefit from. They will also be able to recommend and book any additional requirements such as guest speakers, entertainment and performers.
- Working with an event co-ordinator at a hotel gives you and extra professional pair of hands and that always comes in useful when organising an event. If you provide them with an idea, any cost constraints and any special requirements they can create a bespoke event which is tailored to your company and delivered within budget. One point of contact can also be beneficial rather than having to deal with and rely on multiple agencies to deliver your event.
- In terms of the Copthorne Hotel, Sheffield – We are ideally located next door to Sheffield United’s FC’s Bramall Lane stadium. This allows us to offer free parking for cars and coaches, which is unusual for a hotel located in a busy city centre. In addition, we have a very close working relationship with the football club, enabling event organisers to benefit from the club’s facilities as well as the hotels’ own.